This straightforward popcorn balls recipe completely jogs my memory of fall festivals in school rising up.
Though you possibly can simply customise these with sprinkles, small candies, or breakfast cereal to suit any vacation, I’ve added Fortunate Charms right here in order that they really feel St. Patrick’s Day acceptable.
Popcorn balls are SO straightforward, taking solely about half-hour to make. And this popcorn ball recipe is nice to wrap up and provides to pals, to have prepared at a celebration, or simply to devour by your self whereas watching a comfy film.
Popcorn balls could look intimidating to make in case you’ve by no means tried earlier than, however this recipe is foolproof! Anybody could make these easy popcorn balls.
That being stated, if you wish to be a Pinterest mother and take these to the following degree, strive adorning them for an occasion—like these Olympic Medal Popcorn Balls.
Popcorn Ball Components:
- Butter – I exploit unsalted however salted will work effective too
- Granulated white sugar
- Marshmallows – mini/regular size (like the type you’d use in sizzling cocoa)
- Popcorn – microwave, air pop, or no matter you want
- Add ins like: breakfast cereal, sprinkles, or mini M&Ms (elective)
How you can Make Popcorn Balls:
- Soften the butter in a big pan over medium/low warmth.
- Add within the marshmallows and sugar and stir till simply melted.
- In case your pan or pot is massive sufficient, add the popped popcorn to the pan. If not, pour the melted combination over the popped popcorn in a big mixing bowl.
- As soon as the combination has cooled simply sufficient to deal with, butter your fingers and rapidly type balls from the batter.
- Place the popcorn balls on parchment paper and permit to completely cool.
Incessantly Requested Questions
Why gained’t my popcorn balls stick collectively?
Make sure that your marshmallows are fully melted earlier than attempting to type balls. You additionally might have an excessive amount of popcorn within the melted marshmallows if they appear too dry.
When had been popcorn balls fashionable?
Popcorn balls gained recognition within the Fifties as a Halloween deal with households would make and hand out to trick-or-treaters.
Can I exploit vegan marshmallows for popcorn balls?
So long as the marshmallows will soften and be sticky, sure. Any marshmallows can work for popcorn balls.
When you love this popcorn ball recipe strive these subsequent:
Seize this information to see our High 25 Recipes of all time!
Free Common Recipe Information
Our prime 25 recipes of all time!
First, soften the butter in a big saucepan over low warmth.
Subsequent, add within the marshmallows and sugar. Stir till the whole lot melts collectively.
Pour the combination over the popcorn and cereal if utilizing and blend properly with a big spoon. You are able to do this immediately in a pan/pot if it is massive sufficient.
As soon as the combination has cooled simply sufficient to deal with, butter your fingers and rapidly type balls from the batter.
Place onto parchment paper and permit to completely cool.
- You need to use any breakfast cereal or omit it for this straightforward popcorn ball recipe. You can additionally select so as to add a cup of sprinkles or mini M&Ms as an alternative.
Discover: Vitamin is auto-calculated, utilizing Spoonacular, on your comfort. The place related, we advocate utilizing your individual vitamin calculations.