This recipe for banana bread protein pancakes is likely one of the hottest recipes I’ve shared on this weblog. Made with banana, oats, cottage cheese, egg and cinnamon, it’s a straightforward, kid-friendly recipe that’s filled with protein and doesn’t require protein powder. The photographs from this 2011 weblog put up just lately acquired a bit refresh and I hope you proceed to get pleasure from this recipe for years to return!
Pancakes are considered one of life’s little items within the morning. They’re fluffy and enjoyable and scrumptious however most of the time, after consuming them, I initially really feel overly stuffed solely to really feel hungry lower than 2 hours later. I do know that is probably due to a scarcity of fiber, protein and fats in conventional pancakes and whereas common pancakes are fantastic and incredible to eat when a craving hits, in the case of pancakes I eat in my day-to-day life, I’d favor them to pack a bit extra of a dietary punch. And that’s the place these unhealthy boys are available in.
Helloooo banana bread protein pancakes!
These banana bread protein pancakes are a scrumptious, wholesome and filling breakfast that looks like a particular deal with, particularly when you take the time (it’s not a lot!) to make them on a busy weekday morning. And a big-time bonus: They had been child and toddler-approved in our home and considered one of all of our boys’ first favourite meals. I can’t let you know what number of batches of those banana bread protein pancakes I made for our boys after they had been youthful. Fortunately the pancakes proceed to be a recipe our boys request now that they’re (nearly) all technically massive children and have stronger opinions about what they do and don’t like. Banana bread protein pancakes = Like!
In the event you’d like to present this recipe a attempt, right here’s all the pieces it’s essential to make a batch of banana bread protein pancakes in your home:
- Outdated Common Oats: These primarily grow to be your “flour” however with extra fiber and endurance.
- Banana: The right contact of pure sweetness.
- Egg: The nutrient-dense powerhouse that additionally serves to maintain this recipe collectively
- Cottage Cheese: The ingredient we are able to thank for the protein on this recipe! And when you hate cottage cheese, you can’t inform it’s in these pancakes, I promise!
- Cinnamon: Provides taste and makes the pancakes odor superb!
As written, the beneath recipe makes a single serving of banana bread protein pancakes but it surely’s simple sufficient to double or triple to feed extra folks.
In the event you determine to present these banana bread protein pancakes a attempt, I actually hope you get pleasure from them as a lot as we do in our home!
Banana Bread Protein Pancakes
Made with banana, oats, cottage cheese, egg and cinnamon, banana bread protein pancakes are a straightforward, kid-friendly recipe filled with protein — no protein powder required!
- 1/2 cup quaint oats
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Spray pan with cooking spray and warmth to a medium warmth
- Mix all elements in a small bowl and mix with an immersion blender till batter is comparatively clean and all elements are totally combined
- Pour batter onto the nice and cozy pan to kind 4 medium-sized pancakes
- Enable to cook dinner till edges begin to harden, about three minutes
- Flip pancakes and permit to cook dinner till batter is now not runny, about two extra minutes
- High with syrup and revel in
Extra Breakfast Recipes to Strive